Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Basketball jones

via LA Times

73 year old, Ken Mink, is a full-time student at Roane State (Tenn.) Community College and and member of the school's basketball team. Monday night, Mink played 10 minutes and scored two points - on free throws - in Roane State's 93042 victory over King College's junior varsity team.

"I found myself on the free-throw line 52 years after my last college game," Mink told the Associated Press. "I said, 'Just relax and shoot it like you know how to all day long.' I just floated the shots in there. I'm in the books now. I can relax a little bit."

Mink last played college basketball 52 years ago at Lees College in Jackson, Ky. He lost his spot on the team and was expelled after someone soaped the basketball coach's office. Mink still insists he didn't do it.

0 comments: